Improved safety with wind monitoring for offshore rigs
With accurate wind data, everyone on deck can get real-time information and warnings of dangerous wind conditions which provides a better basis to act immediately, ensure maximum operational time and reduce any risks for personal operating the crane.
What is unique about WINDCRANE for oil & gas platforms?
- Rugged industrial design specific for crane applications
- Extended temperature range
- Over 10 years of data backup built into the unit
- Complies with IEC61400 and surpasses the CAP437 and CAP746 instrumentation precession requirements
- Better than 1% accuracy and 0.1m/s resolution (0.19knot)
- 1% wind direction linearity and <5° deadband
- Specific calibrated wind speed sensor to MEASNET & IEC61400 standards
- Marine application displays
- Specific operations crane wind data recording (max, standard and average)
- Instant view and data backup of 10 minutes
- Ultra low energy consumption, less than 100mW for the WINDCRANE unit
Explore our WINDCRANE APP available on Android and iOS.
When high winds occur and the team are not able to check wind speeds they need to know if the wind is potentially dangerous as this can have a major impact on safety and work.
- The WINDCRANE Audio Visual Warning System can be set up remotely to detect harmful winds.
- When the wind speed thresholds are reached the lights and siren will be triggered to notify anyone on site of the unsafe wind.
- The alarm box is rain and splash proof, made with a tough metal and has an IP65 rating.
- The magnetic mounting on the rubberised feet have a 35 kg total pull force making it strong and secure to attach to a structure.
- The WINDCRANE LCD in crane display refreshes wind speed every second providing information of current live wind speeds, it can easily be seen in daylight or at night with the adjustable back light.
WINDCRANE has been made to sustain extreme wind and weather over several years in very demanding environments while gathering live data regardless of location.
Understanding the wind and its behaviour is an essential need for safety at sea and access to reliable, accurate information from high-quality instruments is crucial to safe navigation.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.