There’re two versions of WINDCRANE:
- WINDCRANE mini can use 1 wind speed sensor
- WINDCRANE max can use 4 wind speed sensors, 2 wind directions and 8 other generic sensors
The WINDCRANE max can connect up to a total of 14 sensors. 4 of these wind speed and 2 wind direction
It depends on the cable used and the environment it is going to work with. In general we do not advise more than 100 meters without checking with us first. Cable must be supplied by WINDCRANE
Data is refreshed every 10 minutes with the average wind speed, maximum ever wind speed within the 10 minutes and wind turbulence intensity.
It follows the IEC-61400 standards
Any site with GPRS coverage
The typical accuracy of a generic sensor is between 3-5%. Higher accuracy, ie: better than 1% requires specific calibration before ordering.
Generic sensors are randomly checked for accuracy, however no report is generated. If you require a calibration certificate, please make sure you request this before ordering.
A connection and data transfer occurs every 10 minutes, giving you live wind speed anywhere.
Yes, check with WINDCRANE for compatibility and options.
There’re two options:
- Electrical mains powered (WINDCRANE mini & max)
- Solar battery powered (WINDCRANE max only)
- WINDCRANE max comes with U-bolts to hold the enclosure to a tube or wall, brackets and accessories for the anemometer
- WINDCRANE mini comes with bracket and accessories for the anemometer only.
The standard length is 20 meters but there’re optional 50 and 100 meters available.
Please check with us first, it is possible under custom order.
- WINDCRANE max is fully IP67 rated to operate outdoors and weatherproof. Both WINDCRANE and sensor.
- WINDCRANE mini is to be installed indoors or inside the cabin. Anemometer is fully weatherproof.
Yes, make sure to let us know destination country before ordering.
Download the WINDCRANE App from App Store or Google Play
WINDCRANE ONLINE DATA PORTAL
You can access summarised data via the WINDCRANE App or via the WINDCRANE web management portal.
- Average wind speed is the mean average during a 10 minutes period
- Maximum wind speed is the maximum wind speed ever recorded within 1 second during the 10 minutes period.
You will be sent a reminder and also your expiry date will flash next to the device to be renewed. Simply contact windcrane – email@example.com
Yes, via the App or via the portal.
There is technical support available from the windcrane team via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, custom per site if you require, video for the management portal and display setup for the App